Redakai World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Redakai World

2 posters

Are there any "Look at top X cards and put back in any order" type cards in Redakai? (Gold Monster Gripe)

Metannoyed
    Metannoyed

Are there any "Look at top X cards and put back in any order" type cards in Redakai? (Gold Monster Gripe) Empty Are there any "Look at top X cards and put back in any order" type cards in Redakai? (Gold Monster Gripe)

Post  Metannoyed Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:21 pm

Other CCGs have cards that let you look at the top 3,4,5 cards of your deck and then put them back in any order (Or sometimes, keep one, discard one, and put the rest back) Is there anything like this in Redakai? Because Team Stax sure could use it, they're all about top-decking something good.

When you compare the

"[12 Kairu] > Put the top three cards of your deck into your discard pile. This turn, you may play any Attacks put into your discard pile this way without paying their [Kairu] costs."

ability of Gold Meta to the Gold Brute's ability;

"[12 Kairu] > This turn, you may play up to three Attacks in your discard pile without paying their [Kairu] costs."

Well, it's no comparison. It's way to easy to mill your deck to end up with three decent attacks in the discard pile by the time the Gold Monster rolls out, am I right? or am I wrong here?
    It seems like the odds are decent that you'll miss on at least 1/3 with Gold Metanoid, and that means a monster sent to the discard for nothing (unless it happened to be that bouncy version of Metanoid)

The one thing I could see that could make Gold Metanoid better than Gold Bruticon is that Ky's ability would let him fire off the special ability for free... but Ky would have to live through 6-7 turns without being killed without the benefit of monster armor (since playing a monster on him would negate his ability). Maybe this could be done with skilled use of Redirecting, but it seems like a whole lot of effort.

Thoughts?
    MoreDakka

Are there any "Look at top X cards and put back in any order" type cards in Redakai? (Gold Monster Gripe) Empty Re: Are there any "Look at top X cards and put back in any order" type cards in Redakai? (Gold Monster Gripe)

Post  MoreDakka Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:38 pm

I think you have the right basic idea but I also think there ARE uses out there.
    Just depends on what you're trying to do.

Considering the small number of cards in the first 2 sets AND how useful the ability you're looking for would be in this game, while it might exist, I wouldn't be surprised if it was something that they'd introduce in a second or third expansion (if it ever gets released)

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:25 am