Redakai World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Redakai World

3 posters

Gold Pack Rares are Same in Base set and Metacharged

Metannoyed
    Metannoyed

Gold Pack Rares are Same in Base set and Metacharged Empty Gold Pack Rares are Same in Base set and Metacharged

Post  Metannoyed Thu May 03, 2012 12:11 pm

So I didn't know this but I'm slowly finding it out as I open up my Metacharged Gold Packs;

-All of the Metacharged Gold Pack Rares I've gotten have a 1-*** number on them such as;
    Lightning Beam Attack, Riptide Green, Reflected Glory, Shadow Cover

And, again, I'm frustrated that they didn't release new versions of the characters in Metacharged, it would have helped the game so much.
    Kohdok
    Kohdok

Gold Pack Rares are Same in Base set and Metacharged Empty Re: Gold Pack Rares are Same in Base set and Metacharged

Post  Kohdok Thu May 03, 2012 3:20 pm

I've known this ever since Metacharged first came out. There was a HUGE backlash on the official Redakai community over that.

Also, enjoy having a 1-in-3 chance of having a Rare character (set 1) replacing your potential Metacharged rare!
    Metannoyed
    Metannoyed

Gold Pack Rares are Same in Base set and Metacharged Empty Re: Gold Pack Rares are Same in Base set and Metacharged

Post  Metannoyed Thu May 03, 2012 3:24 pm

Kohdok wrote:I've known this ever since Metacharged first came out. There was a HUGE backlash on the official Redakai community over that.

Also, enjoy having a 1-in-3 chance of having a Rare character (set 1) replacing your potential Metacharged rare!

It's also weird that metacharged gold packs look exactly like base set gold packs. That is to say they don't say metacharged on them anywhere (at least this box doesnt - Maybe it was mispackaged or they were using up old packaging though? Who knows...) Neither my box nor any of the packs say Metacharged on them - but they contain metacharged cards.
    MoreDakka

Post  MoreDakka Mon May 07, 2012 2:26 pm

sorry this game and the way they released stuff is confusing me

So the gold packs come with a card that is exclusive to the gold packs. Are you saying these cards were later reproduced for Metacharged?

I just purchased an entire booster box of gold packs
    Metannoyed
    Metannoyed

Post  Metannoyed Mon May 07, 2012 3:53 pm

MoreDakka wrote:sorry this game and the way they released stuff is confusing me

So the gold packs come with a card that is exclusive to the gold packs. Are you saying these cards were later reproduced for Metacharged?

I just purchased an entire booster box of gold packs

Exactly that. there are twenty cards that are exclusive* to gold packs (18 rare, 2 super rare). They are the same in the base set and in metacharged.(And every gold pack has one of these exclusive gold pack cards.)

*: The hobby edition of the structure decks might have had one of these cards in it too, don't recall rightly.
    MoreDakka

Post  MoreDakka Tue May 08, 2012 9:33 am

ah ok. Not quite what I was thinking but still not ideal.

I thought that the gold cards from the first set had then been turned into regular cards in Metacharged.

As it is, it just seems lazy on their part
    Kohdok
    Kohdok

Post  Kohdok Tue May 08, 2012 1:34 pm

MoreDakka wrote:ah ok. Not quite what I was thinking but still not ideal.

I thought that the gold cards from the first set had then been turned into regular cards in Metacharged.

As it is, it just seems lazy on their part

They also recycled the characters from the Base Set. This includes the rare characters, which replace the regular rare in a pack. Odds of a Rare character showing up in a Metacharged gold pack are 1-in-3.

Like I said before, this discovery was the last straw for many fans from the official community (Which was shut down because it was basically full of complaints and Spin Master always runs away from any problems)
    MoreDakka

Post  MoreDakka Tue May 08, 2012 2:01 pm

yeah that was a little stupid on their part. I could understand new characters but the same ones? That doesn't make sense.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:15 pm