Redakai World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Redakai World

+3
Kohdok
SonOfOgre
Zair
7 posters

New Structure Deck

Metannoyed
    Metannoyed

New Structure Deck - Page 2 Empty Re: New Structure Deck

Post  Metannoyed Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:00 pm

Kohdok wrote:Chumpionship tins are $8 at Target. They're still solidly glued to the shelves, even eBay scalpers know to steer clear.

I'll have to check that out here. I could use two Championship Tins.
    Zair
    Zair

Post  Zair Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:21 pm

Ouch! $8.00 for the Championship tins? Those are Regularly $25-$30.
    MoreDakka

Post  MoreDakka Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:34 am

yeah the cheapest I've seen the championship tins is $15 so far. I like $8 much more Smile
    MoreDakka

Post  MoreDakka Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:22 am

on another note... I cleaned out another Dollarama of $2 Metacharged boosters last night. Grabbed 25 of them! Smile
    I think I should have enough Metacharged stuff now to keep me for awhile Very Happy
    Zair
    Zair

Post  Zair Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:53 am

MoreDakka wrote:on another note... I cleaned out another Dollarama of $2 Metacharged boosters last night. Grabbed 25 of them! Smile
    I think I should have enough Metacharged stuff now to keep me for awhile Very Happy

Whoa! I got at least 10 packs in my Dollarama. But I didn't buy them all at once. I got them in groups each time I went. Did you get any Super Rares?
    Zair
    Zair

Post  Zair Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:55 am

In my area they won't lower the price of the Championship tins. Actually they did go for $15.00 at Walmart.. but I think someone bought both of them. But anywhere else, they just won't lower it.
    MoreDakka

Post  MoreDakka Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:26 pm

Zair wrote:Whoa! I got at least 10 packs in my Dollarama. But I didn't buy them all at once. I got them in groups each time I went. Did you get any Super Rares?

Haven't opened them all but nothing yet. But have been getting quite a few rare monsters/players.

Trying to spread out opening them up so I have something to look forward to Smile
    MoreDakka

Post  MoreDakka Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:28 pm

Zair wrote:In my area they won't lower the price of the Championship tins. Actually they did go for $15.00 at Walmart.. but I think someone bought both of them. But anywhere else, they just won't lower it.

Well you only really need a maximum of two so keep your eyes open. Like I said, $15 at ToysRUs is what I've seen. Walmart was still over $20 last I checked. Haven't seen a Zellers yet. Don't have Target here. Can't think of anywhere else I've seen them
    Metannoyed
    Metannoyed

Post  Metannoyed Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:54 pm

MoreDakka wrote:
    Zair wrote:In my area they won't lower the price of the Championship tins. Actually they did go for $15.00 at Walmart.. but I think someone bought both of them. But anywhere else, they just won't lower it.

Well you only really need a maximum of two so keep your eyes open. Like I said, $15 at ToysRUs is what I've seen. Walmart was still over $20 last I checked. Haven't seen a Zellers yet. Don't have Target here. Can't think of anywhere else I've seen them

Maximum you'll need is two...

Unless you're playing a variant that I'm working on (details forthcoming).
    Metannoyed
    Metannoyed

Post  Metannoyed Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:31 pm

I followed up on the Target lead and found that All there redakai stuff is massively reduced as promised - Metacharged tins are like $8 (makes me wish I'd waited, I bought one for $10 earlier this week, I have 2 more coming from ebay, but I think that came to 28 total and included a battlefield, microglyph reader (useless i know), and three structure decks in addition to the two metacharged tins)

So I bought two championship sets from Target opened one, and gave the other away to my friend. He got a Supernami of course, but I don't care, because you can't get anyone into a collectable game without them personally owning some cards --- there is just something about having "your own" cards/dice/whatever for a collectible game that makes it what it is. CCGs are so consumerist... I digress.

I'll probably buy two more to give away to two other friends... Mwahaha. and at least one or two more for me.

MoreDakka

Post  MoreDakka Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:33 am

NeonMetanoid wrote:So I bought two championship sets from Target opened one, and gave the other away to my friend. He got a Supernami of course, but I don't care, because you can't get anyone into a collectable game without them personally owning some cards --- there is just something about having "your own" cards/dice/whatever for a collectible game that makes it what it is. CCGs are so consumerist... I digress.

I'll probably buy two more to give away to two other friends... Mwahaha. and at least one or two more for me.

That is a very good point. With the much lower cost of the game currently, buying a few cards for your friends to get them interested is a great idea!
    Kohdok
    Kohdok

Post  Kohdok Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:02 pm

MoreDakka wrote:
    NeonMetanoid wrote:So I bought two championship sets from Target opened one, and gave the other away to my friend. He got a Supernami of course, but I don't care, because you can't get anyone into a collectable game without them personally owning some cards --- there is just something about having "your own" cards/dice/whatever for a collectible game that makes it what it is. CCGs are so consumerist... I digress.

That is a very good point. With the much lower cost of the game currently, buying a few cards for your friends to get them interested is a great idea!

I was estimating a small rise in popularity once the cards became afforable, but by now it's too late.
    Metannoyed
    Metannoyed

Post  Metannoyed Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:57 pm

I went to Dollar Tree today (seemingly the only dollar store around in Portland Oregon) and No-Luck.

Maybe Tuesday Morning? I'd love to find some Dollar packs of Redakai.
    Kohdok
    Kohdok

Post  Kohdok Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:05 pm

NeonMetanoid wrote:I went to Dollar Tree today (seemingly the only dollar store around in Portland Oregon) and No-Luck.

Oh, a Texas-ite, eh? Tuesday Morning currently has the Deluxe Action figures.
    Metannoyed
    Metannoyed

Post  Metannoyed Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:32 pm

Kohdok wrote:
    NeonMetanoid wrote:I went to Dollar Tree today (seemingly the only dollar store around in Portland, Oregon) and No-Luck.

Oh, a Texas-ite, eh? Tuesday Morning currently has the Deluxe Action figures.

Er, No.

How much were the Deluxe Figures when you saw them? Target has them pretty reduced as well.
    MoreDakka

Post  MoreDakka Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:57 pm

I'm hoping that was a case of not reading your post cause you did specifically say Portland Oregon... unless they thought that was in Texas Very Happy LOL

Don't forget to check the Walmarts and hobby stores that carry CCGs.
    Kohdok
    Kohdok

Post  Kohdok Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:35 pm

MoreDakka wrote:I'm hoping that was a case of not reading your post cause you did specifically say Portland Oregon... unless they thought that was in Texas Very Happy LOL

Don't forget to check the Walmarts and hobby stores that carry CCGs.

There's Tuesday Mornings in Texas and I thought they were a local thing. Ah well, guess I was wrong.

They were $10, but they have been there since before Christmas.
    MoreDakka

Post  MoreDakka Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:55 pm

are you from Texas Kohdok?
    Kohdok
    Kohdok

Post  Kohdok Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:40 pm

MoreDakka wrote:are you from Texas Kohdok?

Da. I thought my Texasness was pretty well known. Well, I guess not everyone watches my videos.
    Metannoyed
    Metannoyed

Post  Metannoyed Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:13 am

Kohdok wrote:

Da. I thought my Texasness was pretty well known. Well, I guess not everyone watches my videos.

Videos? link please.
    Kohdok
    Kohdok

Post  Kohdok Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:04 pm

Metannoyed wrote:
    Kohdok wrote:

Videos? link please.

Okay, just know that I hate Redakai if you didn't already know:

https://www.youtube.com/kohdok
    Metannoyed
    Metannoyed

Post  Metannoyed Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:56 pm

Kohdok wrote:
    Metannoyed wrote:
    Kohdok wrote:

Videos? link please.

More like Love/Hate obviously.
    Kohdok
    Kohdok

Post  Kohdok Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:37 am

Metannoyed wrote:
    Kohdok wrote:
    Metannoyed wrote:
    Kohdok wrote:

Videos? link please.

No. Hate. Utterly. Nearly my entire collection I got for free for bothering to show up at demonstration events where nobody else did, so I got nearly all of the demonstration product (Championsip sets, structure decks, a Microglyph Animation Useless, action figures, posters, and a ****-ton of additional free cards), which will be used when I smear it across the wall in my video review. At least what I didn't give away to Redakaigirl(That box in her trades video is from me, because I sure as heck didn't want 'em. She got it for the cost of shipping alone). The only reason I'm not a total asshole on here all the time is because, at the end of the day, I'm a pretty nice guy (The fact that I was nice to the poor demonstrators is what landed me so much free stuff).

But yes, I utterly hate Redakai and feel it has no redeeming qualities other than to serve as a warning of how not to build a franchise. The prices are outrageous for low-quality products and the show is audience-insulting and stupid ("Guys, we've got to save this forest! Quick, start hurling fire everywhere!").

Yes. I hate Redakai and I'm certainly not afraid to say it.

Although if you were asking me if I love to hate it, you'd be right. I also hold it agrudge for shifting Spin Master's focus away from tried-and-true Bakugan and into an untested start-up.
    Redakaigirl
    Redakaigirl
    Admin

Post  Redakaigirl Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:33 am

Yes, once again thanks for the cards lol. I totally ripped your box up because I was so excited. XD
    Metannoyed
    Metannoyed

Post  Metannoyed Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:47 am

Kohdok wrote:
    Metannoyed wrote:
    Kohdok wrote:
    Metannoyed wrote:
    Kohdok wrote:

Videos? link please.

No. Hate. Utterly. Nearly my entire collection I got for free for bothering to show up at demonstration events where nobody else did, so I got nearly all of the demonstration product (Championsip sets, structure decks, a Microglyph Animation Useless, action figures, posters, and a ****-ton of additional free cards), which will be used when I smear it across the wall in my video review. At least what I didn't give away to Redakaigirl(That box in her trades video is from me, because I sure as heck didn't want 'em. She got it for the cost of shipping alone). The only reason I'm not a total asshole on here all the time is because, at the end of the day, I'm a pretty nice guy (The fact that I was nice to the poor demonstrators is what landed me so much free stuff).

But yes, I utterly hate Redakai and feel it has no redeeming qualities other than to serve as a warning of how not to build a franchise. The prices are outrageous for low-quality products and the show is audience-insulting and stupid ("Guys, we've got to save this forest! Quick, start hurling fire everywhere!").

Yes. I hate Redakai and I'm certainly not afraid to say it.

Although if you were asking me if I love to hate it, you'd be right. I also hold it agrudge for shifting Spin Master's focus away from tried-and-true Bakugan and into an untested start-up.

So, after your done with that video if you need to send some of your redakai stuff this way I can give it a good home >Smile you know, assuming you don't burn it - I wouldn't it's probably pretty toxic.

I agree with you on a lot of levels, I think mistakes were made (like, why does each booster have a character? We really don't need a giant stack of duplicate characters, this bugs me more than other duplicates for some reason, I just would rather boosters were all attacks.) I don't like exclusive cards sold in plastic products, I don't want to buy three harriers to get a full set of Sniper Sight (Or, inexplicably, leech slap which is what came in my harrier x.x).

At this point, I like the cards, I like the art, I think there can be some house rules that add to the game, and that's where I'm at.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 pm