Redakai World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Redakai World

+3
Kohdok
SonOfOgre
Zair
7 posters

New Structure Deck

Zair
    Zair

New Structure Deck Empty New Structure Deck

Post  Zair Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:15 pm

New Structure Deck New_de10

My scanner is temporarily on vacation.. so I had to use a camera to take this picture.

As you see in the top right there is a new deck with an exclusive "Distracting Glare" card. I found this advertised in a little paper in the Redakai DVD. Combine and Conquer packs are shown to the left.

This is just me... but why do I think this deck was supposed to be released already? Maybe they won't release it at all? There are no dates on the advertisement telling when they are supposed to be released. But on a good note they could have been planning to release the DVD with this as some news before they release the decks. Yeah. I dunno.

I think the news for Combine & Conquer has been out since late December 2011 but its apparently supposed to be released sometime in the first half of 2012.. and its already March. Redakai hasn't had a new set of cards since October.
    SonOfOgre
    SonOfOgre

New Structure Deck Empty Re: New Structure Deck

Post  SonOfOgre Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:36 pm

I also don't recognize the art of that Warnet. I think I initially assumed this was a Metacharged structure deck, but now I see there's more to it than I initially caught.
    I'm giving em another month to announce the new set before I plant it in "delayed" territory.
    Zair
    Zair

Post  Zair Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:17 pm

SonOfOgre wrote:I also don't recognize the art of that Warnet. I think I initially assumed this was a Metacharged structure deck, but now I see there's more to it than I initially caught.
    I'm giving em another month to announce the new set before I plant it in "delayed" territory.

The third set is supposed to be released in the first half of 2012. I think I read somewhere it was supposed to be released last month.. but it hasn't happened. I wonder if they are counting on it to get more popular for the UK... ? I don't really know what I'm trying to say..
    Kohdok
    Kohdok

Post  Kohdok Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:16 pm

Zair wrote:
    SonOfOgre wrote:I also don't recognize the art of that Warnet. I think I initially assumed this was a Metacharged structure deck, but now I see there's more to it than I initially caught.

The third set is supposed to be released in the first half of 2012. I think I read somewhere it was supposed to be released last month.. but it hasn't happened. I wonder if they are counting on it to get more popular for the UK... ? I don't really know what I'm trying to say..

The structure deck is for "Combine and Conquer". By the look of the text, the card on the top can be played in conjunction with others for a decreased cost. However, it's pointless without deck control short of draw power.

I'm feeling nice today, so here's a scan(I can't enhance it further as I start hitting the printing limitations). The text says "You may play this with "Swift Surprise" as a combo attack for {Can't make out the number}. If you do... (after this, I can only make out one Kairu Circle, I imagine a higher cost if you do NOT play both attacks together). Yup you have to have two specific matching cards in your hand in a game that currently has zero deck control besides either mad-draw or mad-discard + Drudger. Evil or Very Mad

New Structure Deck Rediblah3

As for the EU and Latin American release, another Marathon project, "Gormiti", bombed in the US but was successful abroad (Though, admittedly, it came out in Italy first). I bet Spin Master is banking on the same phenomenon (Marathon's website compares Redakai to Gormiti, but brand-familiarity failed it in the US.)

Redakaigirl
    Redakaigirl
    Admin

Post  Redakaigirl Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:31 pm

So that means Redakai potentaily do good outside. Maybe they will market it right this time. You learn from your mistakes, I hope.
    Kohdok
    Kohdok

Post  Kohdok Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:00 pm

Redakaigirl wrote:So that means Redakai potentaily do good outside. Maybe they will market it right this time. You learn from your mistakes, I hope.

Not Spin Master. They never learn...
    SonOfOgre
    SonOfOgre

Post  SonOfOgre Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:34 am

Kohdok wrote:Yup you have to have two specific matching cards in your hand in a game that currently has zero deck control besides either mad-draw or mad-discard + Drudger. Evil or Very Mad

Maybe they'll finally throw Tutoring into the bag of mechanics to fish out said cards. I'm pretty sure there isn't anything in the current two sets that let you look through your deck (my card knowledge is a smidge rusty as of late). Though these combo would have to be pretty damn good to bother fishing em out of your deck, depending on tutor cost and such.
    Attergangar
    Attergangar

Post  Attergangar Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:44 pm

Personally, I'm still waiting to see if the game survives into the summer. It'll suck if it doesn't (because I'm a fan & number 1 in my area for organized play). I do dig the new mechanic. I hate letting "Time Tell" about things, but there isn't any other option in this case. I find it interesting that there are two pretty solid schools of thought as to the survivability of Redakai. Hopefully, Spinmaster will see the danger it's in and do something about it. Also, hopefully, the new expansion will keep it going. Alas, only time will tell Neutral
    Zair
    Zair

Post  Zair Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:12 pm

Attergangar wrote:Personally, I'm still waiting to see if the game survives into the summer. It'll suck if it doesn't (because I'm a fan & number 1 in my area for organized play). I do dig the new mechanic. I hate letting "Time Tell" about things, but there isn't any other option in this case. I find it interesting that there are two pretty solid schools of thought as to the survivability of Redakai. Hopefully, Spinmaster will see the danger it's in and do something about it. Also, hopefully, the new expansion will keep it going. Alas, only time will tell Neutral

God I hope so. Spinmaster really needs to tell us things...
    Kohdok
    Kohdok

Post  Kohdok Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:16 pm

Attergangar wrote:Personally, I'm still waiting to see if the game survives into the summer. It'll suck if it doesn't (because I'm a fan & number 1 in my area for organized play). I do dig the new mechanic. I hate letting "Time Tell" about things, but there isn't any other option in this case. I find it interesting that there are two pretty solid schools of thought as to the survivability of Redakai. Hopefully, Spinmaster will see the danger it's in and do something about it. Also, hopefully, the new expansion will keep it going. Alas, only time will tell Neutral

Spin Master's Modus-Operandi on franchises that are failing is usually to cut and run, such as with Swypeout and Bakugan Dimensions. I don't know how they were hoping to maintain an OP program considering the quality of the show. OP is kept going by teenagers and adults, not children. Yugioh at least offered a multi-tiered, complex conflict and realized it goofed with GX by switching to the grittier, more interesting 5d's.

Then again, they clearly invested a lot into it. A bit too much fanfare for the results, in my opinion.
    Zair
    Zair

Post  Zair Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:19 am

I was really surprised when I saw the new battlefield at Zellers here in Canada.. they were the first store in my area that was trying to get rid of Redakai items in stock. Still no Metacharged though. The only stores with Metacharged that I've seen have been Superstore.. and it sold out VERY fast. (I only saw the X-readers.. not separate packs) Oh and Dollarama recently had packs selling for $2.00 and I managed to get about 10 of them.
    Metannoyed
    Metannoyed

Post  Metannoyed Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:34 am

Regardless of when this game dies (all games die) I'd like to see this and possibly a 3rd set come out. New characters would be nice.
    Zair
    Zair

Post  Zair Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:18 pm

NeonMetanoid wrote:Regardless of when this game dies (all games die) I'd like to see this and possibly a 3rd set come out. New characters would be nice.

Ugh. I agree with you. I really wanted to see a third set.. apparently one store in the USA (California) called 'Legends Comics and Games' has the third set.. but there is still no proof that they have it..... Not that I have seen online anyways.
    Redakaigirl
    Redakaigirl
    Admin

Post  Redakaigirl Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:09 am

Oh really? Well, I just went to Walmart yesterday and finally saw the figure and card toys.
    MoreDakka

Post  MoreDakka Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:36 pm

I'm wondering if what we're seeing is leftovers from stuff that was already in the works OR if it's actual new SUPPORTED product.

I know the DVDs to the show with exclusive cards just came out in March and the new season of the show is airing currently but does that mean the game is still going or is it just stuff that was already done just coming to market now?

Still, whether the game is dead in the water or not, at least there's enough out there to still play it Smile
    Metannoyed
    Metannoyed

Post  Metannoyed Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:25 pm

at Fred Myers today;

Metacharged Tins; 9.99
    Base Set Power Packs; 2.99
    Microglyph Animator; 7.99 (I want one, even though it's just a toy)
    Basic figures; 4.99
    Delux figures; 7.99 (I have the gold meta, I want the bruticon Smile)

(I bought a Metacharged Tin, I haven't seen any better price than that online cat)

I know all of this has been said before, but it seems like the game (in the USA) is dying. The show was picked up in the UK though, so maybe if the game picks up there it will lead to a resurgence? scratch

It's really weird how websites have seemed to dry up seemingly overnight over the last few months, like the forum over at Drudgers Domain, and even the forum here was pretty quiet.

What else,..

Oh, in my tin I got one super-rare; Mind Boggle *shrug* (www(dot)redakai(dot)com/go/card/view/603251)
    Zair
    Zair

Post  Zair Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:18 pm

Redakaigirl wrote:Oh really? Well, I just went to Walmart yesterday and finally saw the figure and card toys.

That's a good sign I guess. Did they just recently stock them? I know my Zellers just got the new battlefields.. (white) but no one is really buying them...
    The old action figures are disappearing though.. probably because they are selling for $5.00 though xD
    Zair
    Zair

Post  Zair Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:22 pm

MoreDakka wrote:I'm wondering if what we're seeing is leftovers from stuff that was already in the works OR if it's actual new SUPPORTED product.

I know the DVDs to the show with exclusive cards just came out in March and the new season of the show is airing currently but does that mean the game is still going or is it just stuff that was already done just coming to market now?

Still, whether the game is dead in the water or not, at least there's enough out there to still play it Smile

I don't think Season 2 is airing yet. Cartoon network is just playing reruns. But yeah. There's lots of Redakai stuff.
    Zair
    Zair

Post  Zair Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:41 pm

NeonMetanoid wrote:at Fred Myers today;

Metacharged Tins; 9.99
    Base Set Power Packs; 2.99
    Microglyph Animator; 7.99 (I want one, even though it's just a toy)
    Basic figures; 4.99
    Delux figures; 7.99 (I have the gold meta, I want the bruticon Smile)

(I bought a Metacharged Tin, I haven't seen any better price than that online cat)

I know all of this has been said before, but it seems like the game (in the USA) is dying. The show was picked up in the UK though, so maybe if the game picks up there it will lead to a resurgence? scratch

It's really weird how websites have seemed to dry up seemingly overnight over the last few months, like the forum over at Drudgers Domain, and even the forum here was pretty quiet.

What else,..

Oh, in my tin I got one super-rare; Mind Boggle *shrug* (www(dot)redakai(dot)com/go/card/view/603251)

Those are pretty much the exact same prices to the stuff we have in Canada. Except it's strange.. in my area they lower the price.. then raise it.. then lower it. Well, just Zellers has done that so far.

Walmart:
    Metacharged Tins: None. Never stocked once.
    Metacharged Packs: Just stocked last week. $2.97
    Base set packs: $2.97
    Animator: I think $14.99
    Basic figures: $5.00
    Deluxe figures: $10.00

It really depends where you go in my area.. one store (Zellers) has stocked the Canadian Redakai DVD (which has the French language on it as well as English) and they just got that 'new' white battlefield. (with the exclusive blue armorite)

I would like to say that the game in the USA (and here) is pretty much dead. The official Redakai forum on the website shut down in.. (I think it was Mid January)

Everything has been inactive for Redakai for quite some time.. On the Redakai facebook page all they do is give us updates on the online comic book. The third set is supposed to be released in the 'first quarter of 2012' and it's already April.. I haven't seen anything. Besides that one store on facebook 'supposedly' releasing the 3rd set.

I'm pretty sure there are little or next to no tournaments anywhere in North America.. and if there are lots.. then wow.

I hope it gets really popular in the UK. Then maybe it might still have a chance here. Who knows?
    Metannoyed
    Metannoyed

Post  Metannoyed Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:45 pm

Metacharged tins are available on ebay for around $10 with shipping, maybe a little more, keep your eyes out I'm sure the prices will only keep dropping.
    Zair
    Zair

Post  Zair Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:51 pm

NeonMetanoid wrote:Metacharged tins are available on ebay for around $10 with shipping, maybe a little more, keep your eyes out I'm sure the prices will only keep dropping.

Wait. You said you were from the UK right? My brain is dead at the moment. :p
    Metannoyed
    Metannoyed

Post  Metannoyed Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:01 am

nope. USA here.
    MoreDakka

Post  MoreDakka Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:16 am

Zair wrote:I don't think Season 2 is airing yet. Cartoon network is just playing reruns. But yeah. There's lots of Redakai stuff.

tv.com states that the first episode aired on the 7th and the second is scheduled for the 14th.

No action on their twitter feed in a couple months and their facebook page which was supposed to replace their website forum is lacking.

Company clearly has either abandoned the game OR has no idea how to use the internet/social media/marketing. I know of stores that have maybe 50 customers a day who post 50 times a day on facebook to keep their customers informed Razz
    Zair
    Zair

Post  Zair Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:35 am

MoreDakka wrote:
    Zair wrote:I don't think Season 2 is airing yet. Cartoon network is just playing reruns. But yeah. There's lots of Redakai stuff.

tv.com states that the first episode aired on the 7th and the second is scheduled for the 14th.

No action on their twitter feed in a couple months and their facebook page which was supposed to replace their website forum is lacking.

Company clearly has either abandoned the game OR has no idea how to use the internet/social media/marketing. I know of stores that have maybe 50 customers a day who post 50 times a day on facebook to keep their customers informed Razz

I keep track of the episodes scheduled on Cartoon Network. I'm 100% sure those episodes on TV.com are fake and were put in by a different user. If they did air, they would be on iTunes already. People are always adding fake episodes in for Redakai. Even on the wikipedia page, though I don't know why.
    Kohdok
    Kohdok

Post  Kohdok Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:33 pm

Chumpionship tins are $8 at Target. They're still solidly glued to the shelves, even eBay scalpers know to steer clear.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:58 pm