Redakai World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Redakai World

3 posters

New Character? Concept Art? Or Techris From Season 2? (Updated April 22 2012)

Zair
    Zair

New Character? Concept Art? Or Techris From Season 2? (Updated April 22 2012) Empty New Character? Concept Art? Or Techris From Season 2? (Updated April 22 2012)

Post  Zair Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:18 pm

EDIT: APRIL 22 2012. Confirmed. This is Techris's OLD design.. along with Ky.. (his name was 'Max' at the time) This was when Redakai was still in production and it was called 'Zu' energy. (Instead of 'Kairu' Energy') If you read the post below, these are my thoughts on what I thought it could have been.

I run a fan blog on tumblr for Redakai. I usually post news about Redakai (and gifs and things) on that blog. You can check it out here: http://fuckyeahredakai.tumblr.com/

If anyone is offended by the name of the blog.. I apologize in advance.. Most blogs on tumblr have names like this and I just wanted to name it that.

I brought up the blog because it's where I first posted this photo:

New Character? Concept Art? Or Techris From Season 2? (Updated April 22 2012) Techri11

Before we jump to conclusions that it is a new character I would like to point out that this looks A LOT like Techris. Just look at his shoes.. and whole outfit in general. In this photo.. Ky is shown to be wearing a different outfit.. this could mean that either everyone got new outfits for Season 2.. or this is an early concept art/animation for the two.. (or Techris has a brother) The even weirder thing about this is that if you watch the commercial (which is where I got the picture in the first place) then it's shown to animate a weird looking Riptide picture.. It almost looks like it could be a concept thing especially since the video was posted August 2011..

Here's the weird looking Riptide by Ky:

New Character? Concept Art? Or Techris From Season 2? (Updated April 22 2012) Techri12

Also elements of cards in the commercial are wrong.. just compare your Boomer card to the one shown in the commercial.

Here's the commercial link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAAJe5ioFr8&feature=endscreen

EDIT: I'm sure it is Techris. Like really positive... but we will see.

Last edited by Zair on Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Redakaigirl
    Redakaigirl
    Admin

New Character? Concept Art? Or Techris From Season 2? (Updated April 22 2012) Empty Re: New Character? Concept Art? Or Techris From Season 2? (Updated April 22 2012)

Post  Redakaigirl Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:58 am

Nice find! Very Happy And it seems that Toys R Us is making knock offs! XD Jk, but verything seems to look different, so that is a funny conclusion. Smile
    SonOfOgre
    SonOfOgre

New Character? Concept Art? Or Techris From Season 2? (Updated April 22 2012) Empty Re: New Character? Concept Art? Or Techris From Season 2? (Updated April 22 2012)

Post  SonOfOgre Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:26 am

That commercial was all kinds of strange. Every card (even attacks lol) had a healing spot on them, in addition to Boomer being "Mighty Boomer" as his card read. I'm thinking that the image that started this topic are of a super beta version of Ky and Techris, like something done before they finally nailed the character designs. But combined with all the cards featured, super surreal. Shocked
    Zair
    Zair

Post  Zair Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:12 am

SonOfOgre wrote:That commercial was all kinds of strange. Every card (even attacks lol) had a healing spot on them, in addition to Boomer being "Mighty Boomer" as his card read. I'm thinking that the image that started this topic are of a super beta version of Ky and Techris, like something done before they finally nailed the character designs. But combined with all the cards featured, super surreal. Shocked

I noticed that too! (The differ of the cards in the commercial to the actual ones) And you're probably right about that being early designs.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:59 am