Redakai World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Redakai World

4 posters

The Official Fanon Team Thread.

Kohdok
    Kohdok

The Official Fanon Team Thread. Empty The Official Fanon Team Thread.

Post  Kohdok Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:41 am

I guess I'll make it. Just a repository to post your teams of original or fan characters.

THE RENEGADES: Consisting of Touya, the sole survivor of a Kairu monastery from Tibet, Catherine, a well-off girl from the Mississippi Valley, and Anyu, a large-eared, green-skinned alien girl from parts unknown, the Renegades, being the name they adopted, are a true rag-tag group of misfits. Joined together by fate, they must learn to work together to overcome the odds. Touya has great knowledge, but barely enough power to even fight; Catherine has more than enough power, but little experience; and Anyu has unparalleled talent, but very little drive. These drawbacks actually make them one of the weaker teams out there, so they are seldom victorious in a Kairu Challenge. However, they have instead learned to fight smart and use the terrain and teamwork to their advantage in order to win. If their weaknesses were ever compensated for (And easily can in the case of Catherine and Anyu gaining more experience and motivation) and they learned to get along, they might end up one of the strongest.

TOUYA: A member of a monastery started by a Redakai who foretold the darkening times and began creating a small army of kairu warriors. An attack by the entity known as "Pierrot" destroyed the monastery while Touya was away, leaving him alone. He now seeks to destroy the one called "Pierrot". Touya barely made it as a warrior due to his low power, needing a medium, such as his "Shinai" training sword, that channel energy through in order to use all but the weakest attacks. The De-facto leader due to knowing the most about Kairu, he possesses a keen insight and is good at predicting his opponents. However, being raised in the middle of nowhere has left him socially inept and lacking in understanding of the world's culture.

CATHERINE MACDOUGALL: A well-off girl from the United States, Catherine's mother was actually a talented Redakai who left on a mission but never returned one day when Catherine was barely six. Distraught, Catherine's father kept her away from the grasp of the other Redakai, who recognized Catherine as even more talented than her mother, in order to protect her. Thus, Catherine grew up in a normal life until a man dressed like a clown approached her and asked for a pendant that her mother had given her as payment for his performance. Catherine refused and managed to absorb the Kairu energy that was contained within the pendant directly into her body, awakening her abilities. The clown, actually "Pierrot", became enraged and attacked, but Touya arrived soon afterwards and helped her escape. Having discovered her talents, as well as becoming a target, Catherine left for the sake of protecting those she cares for and stopping Pierrot. While an incredible Kairu powerhouse, Catherine is inexperienced and still unused to the sheer power her body can produce. However, she is the most socially adept and is normally the one to go to concerning etiquette and culture. Still, she worries that she might lose her femininity due to all of the fighting she must do, since up until now she had been a completely normal girl.

ANYU: Anyu, an alien girl with large ears and green, spotted skin, was first seen with the Battacor in Istanbul, having been scouted by Lokar. However, disliking the treatment the Battacor gave her, she fled and eventually found Catherine and Touya, who helped her escape. She ended up traveling with them since they were the first to treat her kindly. Anyu is an odd sort, often acting childish and almost never speaking. However, her ability to detect kairu is at least on par with the greatest Redakai and is the way the Renegades locate new Kairu deposits. In battle, Anyu has good enough senses to detect how her opponent is going to move by detecting the energy in their bodies, effortlessly dodging their attacks. However, Anyu sees the whole thing as a game since it's so easy for her, and has even been known to take catnaps in the middle of a fight, sometimes being a burden to her team-mates.

BRAINS: A nickname, "Brains" is technically another member of the group, though he never fights. An avid fan of government films and information, Brains studies a lot of the goings on in the world and is the group authority on anything technological. In the Renegades have nothing else to do, they usually visit Brains.

THE GWADEN: A destroyer-class space cruiser, the Gwaden crash-landed in the Himalayas a long time ago and was the first time anyone on planet Earth was exposed to the powers of Kairu energy. Touya's monastery was built to protect it and new Kairu warriors were given a small sample of its energy for use. However, Pierrot attacked the monastery and succeeded at draining all of the Gwaden's power. However, through some sort of miracle, the Renegades get the Gwaden working again and it soon becomes their base of operation. While dwarfing the X-Scaper, the Gwaden has not aged well (The main gun gets completely wrecked after firing it just once) and cannot be relied on for combat support. Brains keeps the Gwaden in check while the group is away.

PIERROT: A strange, malicious character from parts unknown, his foppish demeanor conceals an angry and sinister presence as well as a huge threat to universl safety. Even Lokar fears the one called Pierrot. Pierrot is known for ignoring any of the rules of the kairu code as he pleases and toying with his enemies before crushing them. It is unknown how much power he has gathered or why, but Pierrot outwardly seems the sort to simply cause chaos.

"MARIONETTES": Pierrot's minions, Kairu warriors he has utterly defeated in battle and thus drained of their personalities and free will, having become puppets like their namesake. While they wear masks to conceal their real identities, they possess the abilities and X-drives the had before becoming Pierrot's servants. They wear garish attire like their master (Though there are only two different outfits, one for boys and one for girls) and often move as though dancing ballet. They are not to be underestimated and are still powerful warriors.

THE VERTIKOR: Similar to the Renegades, they are a ragtag group, but are a group of thugs who possess malicious tendencies and seem to enjoy causing harm. Powerful and dangerous, a single member of the Vertikor is often a match for an entire squad of Kairu Warriors. Add in the fact that they use teamwork and actually get along amazingly well despite their differences, and you have a serious threat on your hands. While it is unknown who they work for, it certainly isn't Lokar, as they have been known to menace the E-teens, as well.

LATIFAH: A strong alien girl who is usually seen carrying a large stone mallet (Actually the Kairu attack "Stone hammer", kept active to exercise her Kairu abilities), latifah is a sadistic bully who prefers to overpower her opponent and is usually considered the leader since she often chooses the group's targets. Her team mates help her out usually by throwing their foes into the path of her powerful, but usually rather slow, attacks.

JUUBEI: Juubei, another alien, possesses a strong code of honor and is very straightforward and precise about how he does his business. Carring a saber with him, he carries the attitude of a typical Samurai and is loyal to the other members of The Vertikor. Juubei's job is to either keep his foes away from the others as they perform their techniques, or land the finishing blow.

SPIDER: A Human, surprisingly, Spider is the smug trickster of the group, capable of concealing his malice and, thanks to his oddly formal manner of speaking, known as possibly the only one able to make Anyu angry. Spider prefers using tricks such as tripping and sneaking rather than straight-forward fighting and prefers to mess with his opponents. His job involves luring his opponents into a trap, sometimes shoving them into it.
    SonOfOgre
    SonOfOgre

The Official Fanon Team Thread. Empty Re: The Official Fanon Team Thread.

Post  SonOfOgre Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:50 pm

After seeing some of your stuff on DeviantArt, I figured this sort of thread would come around eventually. Very Happy I do quite like the ragtag/underdog nature to the Renegades, and the balance that exists between them. You got a gaiden/alternate story sort of route, with alternate pro and antagonists from the "main story" (the cartoon and Stax), similar to how they seem to be going about the comic book. Gives ya a lot more freedom and protection from various canonical curveballs. 'The Redakai' threw me for a loop with the backstory and characters presented.
    You have art of the other characters mentioned here?

I'll start writing up Ningxia's info and see what else I can dig up from the 7 or so months it's been.
    Kohdok
    Kohdok

Post  Kohdok Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:27 pm

SonOfOgre wrote:After seeing some of your stuff on DeviantArt, I figured this sort of thread would come around eventually. Very Happy I do quite like the ragtag/underdog nature to the Renegades, and the balance that exists between them. You got a gaiden/alternate story sort of route, with alternate pro and antagonists from the "main story" (the cartoon and Stax), similar to how they seem to be going about the comic book. Gives ya a lot more freedom and protection from various canonical curveballs. 'The Redakai' threw me for a loop with the backstory and characters presented.
    You have art of the other characters mentioned here?

I'll start writing up Ningxia's info and see what else I can dig up from the 7 or so months it's been.

It's why I don't like Team Stax; they all act the same. People like ragtag groups of underdogs because they can usually find someone in the group that appeals to them, there is internal friction which makes for more interesting storytelling, and because they are at a disadvantage, we cheer them on and enjoy their victories.

It's also why I made the Vertikor so powerful and nasty; we want to see them get their come-uppance after they do such nasty things (They beat Akayon practically to death in the reveal that they are, in fact, a well-coordinated team, as they had been encountered only individually up until then) but are powerful and dangerous (Our underdogs will have a hard time defeating them, but the payoff will be worth it when they finally win once and for all).

Also, it's sorta half-Gaiden, as they do encounter the other groups (Including Stax, revealing what jerks they are) and sometimes get wrapped up in encounters with Lokar's plans, but they aren't on Lokar's radar, as they don't actively try to stop him and he deemed Anyu un-useable due to her childish personality.

Edit: Here's the pictures of The Renegades. Catherine's design is probably the only one that's up-to-date. I need to update the others, as Anyu loses those claws and is more cheerful while Touya...just looks kinda lame here...I'm thinking he might need shorts instead of those pants.

The Official Fanon Team Thread. Therenegades
    MoreDakka

Post  MoreDakka Mon May 07, 2012 3:06 pm

nice artwork! Smile
    SonOfOgre
    SonOfOgre

Post  SonOfOgre Tue May 22, 2012 1:36 am

In true fashion, I've finally gotten around to posting this after saying I'd do it a month ago, lol. :p
    Here's some notes on my main fan team:

NINGXIA: The Ningxia are actually another group of Earthbased kairu warriors as opposed to the usual gallery of alien warriors tapped by Lokar. Named for the province of China they inhabit, they were originally martial artists in their respective styles before training in Kairu-ryu. They are Yon Cho, Vik, and Go'bok. Drawn to Lokar by his power, they volunteer to do work for him if it means fighting strong opponents and extending their training. Well aware that their goal makes him a prime target, Lokar takes care to avoid letting down his guard near the Ningxia, never ruling out talent and drive vs. his seemingly absolute power. They are not completely opposed to Team Stax, and are not above working toward a common goal. When not searching for Kairu, the usual training regimens apply for their personal styles and kairu-ryu, including matches in the underground Jigokuken Hall arena. In the case of sanctioned Kairu Tournaments, while Vik and Go'bok are less experienced as Kairu warriors, the team is balanced out by Yon Cho's extended experience and training. In the case of field battles or street fights however, all 3 are formidable and dangerous opponents. Their established kairu master/instructor is Thaksin Sua as well as the wandering, resigned Redakai Sangat Sua.

YON CHO HU: The leader of the Ningxia team, and the only one actually from the region. Practioner of Baiquan and Chuojiao wushu, Yon Cho's reason for learning Kairu-ryu is more of a personal matter than his teammates. Years ago, his father (himself one of the world's mightiest fighters) was disgraced in a staggering loss to Baoddai and his kairu power. Even after further developing his own personal style and delving into kairu energy, it was still not enough in a second match, against a much older and powerful Baoddai. As witness to the second fight, the young Yon Cho couldn't bear the image of his defeated father, and resolved to overcome an opponent of that caliber to cleanse his family's name. As such, he takes training and fighting extremely seriously, going so far as to participate in Jigokuken Hall's battles to the death. He relies on his teammates to help catch him from going overboard in various sanctioned matches and grieviously injuring his rivals. He shows a much less intense side to his teammates, whom he respects for their strengths and companionship. He views Ky and Zane as his chief rivals, and is slowly beginning to shape Lokar into his mark to beat for his quest. While he would never admit it, he seems to follow pop idols and such music.
    His signature monster is Bengalkhan, manifestation of the noble tiger and 4000 years of Chinese martial spirit.

VIK: A Hong Kong native born to two Canadian ex-pats, Vik is a practioner of Kenpo. Her interests in archeology and adventure is what lead her to Kairu, accompanying her father on one of his expeditions and encountering an artifact infused with it. While noticing the sensation of power within it, she didn't know what to think of it until a young chinese man by name of Yon Cho appeared before her, seeking it out. After a brief spar and a brief explanation, Vik was enthused to find that potential adventure had seemingly fallen into her lap. While still young and thus less likely to get the approval of her parents (especially when something abstract like 'alien energy' is involved), she knew that she may never get another chance if she didn't sieze the initiative. She decided to run away from home (leaving a note with her best attempt to explain everything to her folks) to mainland China and Yon Cho's warrior village in Ningxia. While she seeks to improve her martial arts, she mainly serves as an anchor for her teammates on missions, in the event that Yon Cho and Go'bok get too distracted by fighting. Not immune to being a teeneage girl, she has a mild crush on both Yon Cho and Ky. She can also get distracted herself, largely by mahjong but also from browsing local marketplaces.
    Her signature monster is Mantisekt, using it's sleek body to augment her fighting skills.

GO'BOK: An orc from the Durotar reservation, located along part of the Chinese-Mongolian border. He is currently a well-known champion Judo-ka, having won several championships and catching the eye of various buffs of the sport. His motivation for joining the Ningxia and learning Kairu-ryu is largely for his life's ambition to grow stronger as a fighter and a man. The reason for this is Durotar's Wall of Honor, a monument to the reservation's great heroes and founders. Should he become strong, Go'bok reasons, he too can have his name etched in his people's history. He embarks on a journey to gain strength, and found Judo. And through Judo and his search for strength, he found the Jigokuken Hall, and Yon Cho. Stunned from a sudden attack of "light" and "energy", he decides that this little known fighting energy could be the ticket to the Wall. He befriends Yon Cho and slowly comes to grasp kairu, though he finds himself resorting to Judo, grappling, and his brute strength in most fights. In spite of his training in Judo, he's usually brash and a bit vulgar, always carrying smokes and indulging in drink. He can be stoic at times, recognizing what is "the right thing to do" in major crossroads, and standing up for friends and those he deems important enough. Through the shamanistic birthright of his race, Go'bok can sense Kairu to an extent in a local area. He has respect for Team Stax, especially toward fellow powerhouse Boomer and "fellow shaman" Maya. Along with his other vices, he has a love for really belting one out in karaoke.
    His signature monster is Ursakuma, reinforcing Go'bok's already formidable power and resilience.

Below is the art I used for their custom cards (before printing out and making use of that white blank card that came in the tins), with abilities written in my chicken scratch hand writing that may or may not be broken, lol. I gotta track down more impressive arts of the crew, but base design is there. I'll add a few more profiles at some point...or a month after "some point" more like, heh.

The Official Fanon Team Thread. Ningxiacustoms001
    Metannoyed
    Metannoyed

Post  Metannoyed Thu May 24, 2012 11:43 pm

What's Vik's ability? the picture is cut off on my browser.
    SonOfOgre
    SonOfOgre

Post  SonOfOgre Fri May 25, 2012 4:33 am

^ Reacts cost one less to play. I think if anything, that's the one hinging on broken more than the other two, lol.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:11 pm