Redakai World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Redakai World

3 posters

DVD Comparison

Zair
    Zair

DVD Comparison  Empty DVD Comparison

Post  Zair Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:41 pm

DVD Comparison  692b1b10DVD Comparison  7-45010

Correct me if I am wrong but I think the DVD on the left is the American DVD and the DVD on the right is the Canadian one. I think the one on the left is sold in both the USA and Canada but I don't know about the one on the right.

I got the DVD (to the left) on Ebay and the other one I bought at Zellers today.

American/? DVD:
    13 Episodes
    2 Disks
    English Language Only
    Special Features
    Red Harrier Card

Canadian/? DVD:
    5 Episodes (Because its volume 1)
    1 Disk
    No Special Features
    English and French Language
    Red Harrier Card

Obviously the DVD to the left is the better one because you are getting more episodes.. but if you speak French buy the one on the right! The menu for the DVD on the right is a little strange because it looks as if the episodes for the 'episode index' are in the wrong order. I think this is because in the French version of the show the episodes are in a different order... which doesn't really matter because there isn't really a continuing element in the show. (To the beginning at least) Also I have seen various websites that suggest that 'The Guardian Of The Souls' was originally the 2nd episode.. but again.. it doesn't necessarily matter.

It is really interesting to hear the voices in French though.
    SonOfOgre
    SonOfOgre

DVD Comparison  Empty Re: DVD Comparison

Post  SonOfOgre Wed May 02, 2012 1:14 am

I am quite curious about how everyone sounds in French. I've watched a bit of Marathons other shows in French (mostly Totally Spies, some Martin Mystery/Team Galaxy) just for the cases where voices are on the other end of the pitch scale. (French Mandy is the prominent example for me)
    MoreDakka

Post  MoreDakka Mon May 07, 2012 3:14 pm

The US release looks like it uses stock images right from the cards and game artwork while the Canadian one is using artwork I don't recognize... perhaps original?
    Zair
    Zair

Post  Zair Mon May 07, 2012 6:51 pm

I think the Canadian one has the artwork from 'set 3' on it.. though I'm not sure... Don't quote me on that. =P
    Zair
    Zair

Post  Zair Wed May 09, 2012 7:04 pm

SonOfOgre wrote:I am quite curious about how everyone sounds in French. I've watched a bit of Marathons other shows in French (mostly Totally Spies, some Martin Mystery/Team Galaxy) just for the cases where voices are on the other end of the pitch scale. (French Mandy is the prominent example for me)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmVvEbTumVY

There's episode 1 in French if you're interested! Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:26 am