Redakai World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Redakai World

4 posters

Redakai TV Show In Its Early Days (Zu Energy)

Zair
    Zair

Redakai TV Show In Its Early Days (Zu Energy) Empty Redakai TV Show In Its Early Days (Zu Energy)

Post  Zair Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:45 pm

I have found something VERY interesting. The Redakai TV show in its early production. I was searching for information on Season 2 for Redakai: Conquer the Kairu and stumbled upon this..

Redakai TV Show In Its Early Days (Zu Energy) 1_bmp10

Wicked isn't it? I absolutely LOVE the character designs here. They look WAY better than they do now. (Especially Maya)

Before I start explaining things and link the video... let me show you some more pictures.

Redakai TV Show In Its Early Days (Zu Energy) 2_bmp11
    (Boomer totally has Maya's current hair in the early version of this)

Redakai TV Show In Its Early Days (Zu Energy) 3_bmp11

Redakai TV Show In Its Early Days (Zu Energy) Kyold_10

Redakai TV Show In Its Early Days (Zu Energy) 4_bmp11

Redakai TV Show In Its Early Days (Zu Energy) Dunnnn10

Redakai TV Show In Its Early Days (Zu Energy) Dunnnn11
    (Looks like Teeny Koz and Zane to me)

Redakai TV Show In Its Early Days (Zu Energy) Dfdxfh10
    (Techris and Zylus.. Guy in the middle.. Bash? Maybeee?)

Redakai TV Show In Its Early Days (Zu Energy) Zylus_11
    (Oh... hey there early production Zylus!)

Redakai TV Show In Its Early Days (Zu Energy) Dunno_11

Redakai TV Show In Its Early Days (Zu Energy) Koz_ma11
    (This guy looks like he could be the Imperiaz's Dad.. o_o but nah.. I think its Koz's early design)

Redakai TV Show In Its Early Days (Zu Energy) Heeee_10
    (This all looks like it could be from a pilot episode.. why else would they re-do the animation for it!?)

Redakai TV Show In Its Early Days (Zu Energy) Looky_10
    (Hey look.. it's Circuits)

Redakai TV Show In Its Early Days (Zu Energy) Looky_11

Redakai TV Show In Its Early Days (Zu Energy) Looky_12
    (Looks like circuits, riptide and fractus)

Redakai TV Show In Its Early Days (Zu Energy) Looky_13

Redakai TV Show In Its Early Days (Zu Energy) Looky_14
    (Looks like 'Fractus' using Ghost Riot.)

My first thoughts? Awesome. The video preview for the early production makes the show sound way more interesting. Plus I think the characters in this look more alien like. I honestly like the designs here way better than the ones they are now.

Guy that's half green? Yeah, that's probably the old Zylus design. I must say he looks older and cooler here.

You can see that some of these characters have 'Techris' 'Zane' 'Teeny' 'Koz' and 'Zylus' in them.

For the current show compared to the old designs I felt they 'Cooled It Down And Made It Cheesy' for kids.. That's just my opinion.

Just watching the preview for this alone makes me more interested in the older production then the new one. This whole thing makes me wonder if Lokar or Master Boaddai even needed to be there in the first place.

Heres the video: http://www.c21media.net/screenings/zodiakrights/redakai-%E2%80%93-series-2

Heres the video again (but crappy quality on YouTube) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfHNYo6ebME

So this is what we can gather from the video:
    Ky's name is Max.
    Kairu energy is called Zu Energy.
    Connor Stax refered to the scattered energy as 'Zu Particles' and they have to restore 'the vessel'
    Kairu Code = Zu Martial Code
    Kairu Challenge = Zu Challenge

Now my big question is.... Could there possibly be a pilot episode with all these designs!?

Last edited by Zair on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:54 pm; edited 8 times in total
    SonOfOgre
    SonOfOgre

Redakai TV Show In Its Early Days (Zu Energy) Empty Re: Redakai TV Show In Its Early Days (Zu Energy)

Post  SonOfOgre Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:37 pm

O_O Umi-chan...is that you? Boomer...your hair asploded?
    This is nuts! Very Happy These beta designs are wild, a lot more primal, in a word. I'm curious as to who exactly decided to change this around (the designs mostly, I can't really take Zu seriously, lol)
    Gotta jump on my comp for the full vid, but thanks for the pics/find, Zair!

EDIT: E-Teens entering the atmosphere, and "Koz" is PUMPED
    Zair
    Zair

Redakai TV Show In Its Early Days (Zu Energy) Empty Re: Redakai TV Show In Its Early Days (Zu Energy)

Post  Zair Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:01 pm

SonOfOgre wrote:O_O Umi-chan...is that you? Boomer...your hair asploded?
    This is nuts! Very Happy These beta designs are wild, a lot more primal, in a word. I'm curious as to who exactly decided to change this around (the designs mostly, I can't really take Zu seriously, lol)
    Gotta jump on my comp for the full vid, but thanks for the pics/find, Zair!

EDIT: E-Teens entering the atmosphere, and "Koz" is PUMPED

Boomer's hair looks like Maya's hair! Haha! And yeah Zu sounds pretty funny. No problem! I love randomly finding this information when it isn't given to fans.
    Kohdok
    Kohdok

Post  Kohdok Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:47 pm

Zair wrote:Boomer's hair looks like Maya's hair!

And then I brained. Remember the "Fyuka" idol from episode 1?

Anyway, I actually don't like the look of old Maya, since the straight hair flat against her head makes her head seem kinda...awkward. It doesn't frame her face all that well. Also, long hair is bad for fighting with... I dunno, maybe I picked a bad frame to look at.

However, this one looks more like a Kairu free-for-all, rather than "One good team versus three teams working for the bad guy". I dunno how much better this would have been, since the premise still seems kinda weak; like the original minus Lokar.

That, and these monsters just look really lame...

This also makes you realize that somebody made the decision to tone down the plot, tone down the character designs, and make Maya show more skin. Uhhhhhh... dumb and creepy at the same time.
    Zair
    Zair

Post  Zair Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:14 pm

Kohdok wrote:
    Zair wrote:Boomer's hair looks like Maya's hair!

And then I brained. Remember the "Fyuka" idol from episode 1?

Anyway, I actually don't like the look of old Maya, since the straight hair flat against her head makes her head seem kinda...awkward. It doesn't frame her face all that well. Also, long hair is bad for fighting with... I dunno, maybe I picked a bad frame to look at.

However, this one looks more like a Kairu free-for-all, rather than "One good team versus three teams working for the bad guy". I dunno how much better this would have been, since the premise still seems kinda weak; like the original minus Lokar.

That, and these monsters just look really lame...

This also makes you realize that somebody made the decision to tone down the plot, tone down the character designs, and make Maya show more skin. Uhhhhhh... dumb and creepy at the same time.

Yep I remember Fyuka! You don't think that could have been Boomer's old name.. could it? It would make sense. I like Maya's outfit.. but her hair does look kind of weird. Oh and I thought those two monsters did look pretty dumb. But I still wish they would have kept these designs.
    Kohdok
    Kohdok

Post  Kohdok Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:26 pm

Zair wrote:Yep I remember Fyuka! You don't think that could have been Boomer's old name.. could it? It would make sense. I like Maya's outfit.. but her hair does look kind of weird. Oh and I thought those two monsters did look pretty dumb. But I still wish they would have kept these designs.

I meant that the hair shape in the original design makes him look more like the idol.
    SonOfOgre
    SonOfOgre

Post  SonOfOgre Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:48 pm

I think its mostly that frame that makes Maya's head look a little off with her old hairstyle. Way her forehead merges with her bangs looks wierder from that angle with the rest of her hair there. In the other screen caps it looks alright. I had always wondered what it would look like if she ever wore it down (since she even sleeps with it up, apparently) though beta version has a lot more hair, to boot.
    Paired with her old (I keep typing 'new', dammit :p) outfit, its like she's a whole other character.
    The two monsters pointed out are also the only ones w/o any resemblence to current show or game monsters. Considering how blobby the one is and...uh...yeah the one on the left....yeah. Guess they changed fer the better by unexisting entirely, heh.

....I can't unsee Koz's face as he descends to Earth. XD

EDIT: I just realized...Max Stax. Oh boy, is it the 90s already?! Could've been different back when this was made, but a bullet may have been dodged there.
    Zair
    Zair

Post  Zair Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:50 am

SonOfOgre wrote:I think its mostly that frame that makes Maya's head look a little off with her old hairstyle. Way her forehead merges with her bangs looks wierder from that angle with the rest of her hair there. In the other screen caps it looks alright. I had always wondered what it would look like if she ever wore it down (since she even sleeps with it up, apparently) though beta version has a lot more hair, to boot.
    Paired with her old (I keep typing 'new', dammit :p) outfit, its like she's a whole other character.
    The two monsters pointed out are also the only ones w/o any resemblence to current show or game monsters. Considering how blobby the one is and...uh...yeah the one on the left....yeah. Guess they changed fer the better by unexisting entirely, heh.

....I can't unsee Koz's face as he descends to Earth. XD

EDIT: I just realized...Max Stax. Oh boy, is it the 90s already?! Could've been different back when this was made, but a bullet may have been dodged there.

Good ol' Koz. And.. that Max Stax thing was funny. Haha.
    Zair
    Zair

Post  Zair Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:54 am

"Based on an original concept, Redakai is a co-production between Marathon Media Studios and Spin Master."

So.. Redakai is based off of this Zu thing... maybe?
    Kohdok
    Kohdok

Post  Kohdok Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:25 am

Zair wrote:"Based on an original concept, Redakai is a co-production between Marathon Media Studios and Spin Master."

It could also have been what was used to try to sell the property to get picked up by a company, though the animation bears Marathon's look. Maybe Marathon developed it in order to pitch it to a company that would tag along with them, and Spin Master ended up being that company. It's not easy pitching new ideas to companies. "Zu" strikes me as a placeholder name, anyway. This was made as a basic pretense for what the show would be like. I know a thing or two about the industry, and you have to have something ready to show off when you try to get hired.

Still, the trailer strikes me as quite generic and pretty lame. Believe it or not, the actual show seems stronger than this trailer. Then again, a turd is a turd no matter how much you polish it.
    Zair
    Zair

Post  Zair Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:29 am

Kohdok wrote:
    Zair wrote:"Based on an original concept, Redakai is a co-production between Marathon Media Studios and Spin Master."

It could also have been what was used to try to sell the property to get picked up by a company, though the animation bears Marathon's look. Maybe Marathon developed it in order to pitch it to a company that would tag along with them, and Spin Master ended up being that company. It's not easy pitching new ideas to companies. "Zu" strikes me as a placeholder name, anyway. This was made as a basic pretense for what the show would be like. I know a thing or two about the industry, and you have to have something ready to show off when you try to get hired.

Still, the trailer strikes me as quite generic and pretty lame. Believe it or not, the actual show seems stronger than this trailer. Then again, a turd is a turd no matter how much you polish it.

I think the whole reason why I like it better than the original is because of how the characters look. I just saw it and Bam. I just liked it. Minus the two monsters of course. Oh and the music in the background.
    Kohdok
    Kohdok

Post  Kohdok Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:59 pm

Zair wrote:
    Kohdok wrote:

I think the whole reason why I like it better than the original is because of how the characters look. I just saw it and Bam. I just liked it. Minus the two monsters of course. Oh and the music in the background.

And the voice acting. And the name "Max Stax". And the term "Zu".

And in this shot, Maya just looks really bored...

Redakai TV Show In Its Early Days (Zu Energy) 1_bmp10
    SonOfOgre
    SonOfOgre

Post  SonOfOgre Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:13 pm

Boomer also looks super pissed in all these scenes. Guess that's the fate of a power house type in an animated pitch.
    Redakaigirl
    Redakaigirl
    Admin

Post  Redakaigirl Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:47 am

SonOfOgre wrote:Boomer also looks super pissed in all these scenes. Guess that's the fate of a power house type in an animated pitch.
    Watch the language... Razz
    And awesome find.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:50 am